What is the dress code on American Queen Voyages?
- We suggest that you check a national weather source to plan what to pack for your voyage. Daytime dress is casual. Be sure to take comfortable, non-slip walking shoes for ports of call and shore excursions. Slacks and shorts are acceptable in all public areas of the vessel and ashore.
- For evenings, we suggest country-club-casual attire. A dress, a dressy skirt and blouse or a pantsuit are recommended for ladies. Gentlemen may wish to wear a sports coat, but it is not required. We kindly request that guests do not wear shorts to dinner in the main dining room.
- Our vessels are climate-controlled, but we recommend that you pack a sweater or jacket in case it is cooler than you prefer onboard. Remember to pack warm or cool clothes according to the weather forecast, and always take rain gear, just in case.
What’s included on an American Queen Voyages cruise?
- Our all-inclusive cruise fares offer a one-night pre-cruise hotel stay with FREE ground transfers, unlimited shore excursions in port and with your comfort in mind, deluxe private motorcoaches to get you there safely, unlimited beverages including Extensive wine list, choice spirits, local craft beers and specialty coffees, open bars and lounges throughout each vessel including a smoothie and juice bar every morning, all meals including alternative dining featuring fresh lobster and USDA Prime Beef available every night, 24-hour in-room dining, unlimited WiFi, bicycles and hiking sticks, and live, daily entertainment and enrichment.
How much do American Queen Voyages cruises cost?
- While the exact costs will vary by itinerary and vessel, American Queen Voyages cruises typically start around $200 per night. Browse the company’s promotions page to find great deals and vacation packages on American Queen Voyages river cruises!
What are American Queen Voyages boats like?
- American Queen Voyages’ vessels are state-of-the-art, authentic paddlewheelers. They offer a comfortable escape and breathtaking views as they cruise along iconic American waterways.
- Each vessel features an elaborate main dining room, an entertainment hall for performances, beautiful balconies and immaculate décor. Read more about the American Queen, American Empress, American Countess and American Duchess, and see deck plans and room accommodations for your voyage.
How many passengers are there on a typical American Queen Voyages cruise?
- While the exact number of passengers will vary by the voyage, our authentic paddlewheelers have the capacity to accommodate anywhere from 150 to 400 guests, depending on the vessel. A low passenger count makes American Queen Voyages cruises much more intimate and far less crowded than voyages on standard cruise lines.
What’s the food like on an American Queen Voyages cruise?
- American Queen Voyages has gained a well-deserved reputation for its dining experiences. Our cruises feature stunning dining rooms with crisp, white linens and menus that never disappoint. American Queen Voyages cruises typically feature regionally inspired cuisine. We work to cater to your dietary restrictions – just let us know when you book!
How long is a typical American Queen Voyages cruise?
- Our cruises range from five to 20-plus days and vary based on the itinerary.
What are the most popular American Queen Voyages cruises?
- Charms of the South is our most popular itinerary. That journey showcases the diversity and drama of the Lower Mississippi River, from Memphis to New Orleans. The bayous and woodlands along the shore create dramatic landscapes that are virtually unchanged since the days of the French fur traders. Gracious towns with palatial mansions and tree-lined streets abound. History is everywhere – in silent Civil War cemeteries and virtually everywhere you turn in Memphis, best known for jazz, barbecue and, of course, The King of Rock ‘n’ Roll and his home, Graceland.
What makes American Queen Voyages cruises the best?
- Authentic paddlewheelers and competitive pricing plans make American Queen Voyages cruises second to none. With luxury accommodations and free Wi-Fi on all of our vessels, you can’t go wrong.