River Cruise Giveaway Official Rules - Terms & Conditions
"American Queen Steamboat Company River Cruise Giveaway"
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING A PRIZE.
- The "Sweepstakes Period" for the "American Queen Steamboat Company Cruise Giveaway" (the "Sweepstakes") is from 12:00:01 am Eastern Time (ET) November 27, 2011 ("Sweepstakes-Start") to 11:59:59 pm ET March 15, 2012 ("Sweepstakes-End"). Sponsor's clock governs time.
- Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to a legal U.S. resident residing in the 50 United States or D.C., 21 years of age or older at the time of entry and who is the authorized user of a valid email address used to enter the Sweepstakes. Void in all US territories and possessions and where prohibited, licensed, restricted or taxed. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings and each of their spouses regardless where they live) or members of household of American Queen Steamboat Company, HMS Global Maritime and Travel Marketing Resources ("Administrator"), their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, design, web design, web hosting and publicity agencies (the "Sweepstakes Entities") and anyone connected with the production or distribution of this Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter or be awarded a prize.
- How to Enter: This Game is played only on the Internet. Go to www.americanqueensteamboatcompany.com (the "website") and enter a valid, working email address for which you are the authorized user, your first and last name and your zip code in the section "River Cruise Giveaway Email Signup" during the Sweepstakes-Period. You will receive one (1) entry. Maximum one (1) entry per person or email address during the Sweepstakes. You must supply an accurate, functioning email address, for which you are the authorized user, for your entry to be eligible and to be notified should Sponsor wish to use that form of winner notification. It is entrant's responsibility to keep his/her email addresses current and to monitor it. "Authorized user" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address. In the case of a dispute regarding who submitted a particular online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address in question. Online entries must be made by an individual from a stand-alone computer device and may not be made by proxy or any electronic/automated means such as script, bot, macro or any other similar software or program. Proof of entry is not proof of receipt of entry. You may not enter with multiple email and/or multiple identities nor may you use any other device or artifice to obtain more than the maximum number of entries. All discovered entries made in violation of these rules will be deleted. All entries submitted become the property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged.
- Winner Selection: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be chosen in random drawings approximately 30 days after Sweepstakes-End from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes. Winner will be notified within five (5) days after the selection is made via email or other form of communication in Sponsor's sole discretion. A winner will have three (3) business days to reply confirming his/her acceptance of the prize and providing all requested contact information. Failure to reply in the indicated time frame will declare that the prize has been refused and forfeited for all time and an alternative entry will be chosen in random drawings as outlined above. Neither Sponsor nor Administrator is responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind or insufficient space in entrant's email or phone account to receive email messages. The prizes will be awarded provided they are claimed properly. Should a greater number of prize claims be received because of printing, emailing, phoning, messaging, programming errors or for any reason whatsoever, only the prizes and the values stated in these Official Rules will be awarded in random drawings from all legitimate claimants.
- Quantity, Prize, Approximate Retail Value (ARV) and Odds: (1) Grand Prize: Grand Prize winner will receive a 7-day river voyage for two, aboard the Steamer American Queen in a category E stateroom ARV: $6,390. The voyage includes accommodations, onboard meals, some beverages and entertainment aboard the ship. The prize is awarded "as is" and is subject to availability and blackout dates. Winner will be responsible for all other expenditures not specifically mentioned here including, without limitation, port taxes, transportation to /from departure port, alcoholic and some other beverages, gratuities, shore excursions, telephone, incidentals, personal expenses and travel/medical insurance. Winner must book travel through GASC who will contact winner and Grand Prize cruise travel must be completed by 7/05/2012 or it will be forfeited in its entirety. Total ARV: $6,390. Odds of winning any prize: Dependent on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- General: By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Sweepstakes administration and winner selection and verification will be conducted by Travel Marketing Resources, the independent judging organization whose decisions are final and legally binding. No participant or winner shall have the right to contest any decision by Sponsor or the independent judging organization concerning any aspect of the Sweepstakes or the interpretation of the Official Rules or the determination as to the qualification of entries. Sponsor is not responsible for those who cannot access the Internet or cannot click-through for any period of time regardless of technical, hardware, software, telephone, Internet, virus contamination, force majeure, network problems or human error and for delay, failure or malfunction for any reason. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if in Sponsor's sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Sweepstakes has been, or could be, compromised or that the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, force majeure, human error or any other causes beyond Sponsor's control. Winners will be drawn from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of cancellation/termination. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry from the Sweepstakes if in Sponsor's sole judgment entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. Without limitation, all of an entrant's entries will be disqualified, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, if entrant (i) attempts to enter the Sweepstakes through any means other than as described in these Official Rules; or (ii) provides information that is inaccurate or fraudulent; or (iii) attempts to disrupt the Sweepstakes or circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. The Sweepstakes Entities assume no liability for damage caused to entrant's or any other person's/entity's computer hardware, software or communications network, regardless of cause. Only the prize and the value listed in the Official Rules shall be awarded. Grand Prize winner and cruise travel companion (if winner chooses to travel with one) are responsible for: 1) all travel documents including, without limitation, a current, valid US Passport, visas if necessary and/or other identification documents acceptable to the cruise line, foreign governments, U.S. Transportation Security Administration and the U.S. Government; (2) all medical requirements; (3) respecting all local regulations; (4) for full compliance with the regulations of all venues and (5) traveling the entire itinerary together. Sponsor and cruise line, as they may apply, have the right to refuse travel to anyone who does not have proper travel documents or who does not comply with all regulations or comport him/herself properly. There will be no substitution or compensation for a prize or part of a prize forfeited due to winner's or winner's companion's (should one accompany winner) non-compliance with travel and venues' regulations or any other reason. Prizewinner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and (where legal) Publicity Release within three (3) business days of date on notification or it will be concluded definitively that the prize has been declined and, without further notice, an alternative winner may be selected in random drawings as outlined above.
- By entering this Sweepstakes, an entrant explicitly releases, discharges and holds harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and all their respective shareholders, estates and assigns, one and all, from any and all liability, actions, causes of action, damages, actual, incidental or consequential, claims and demands whatsoever in law or equity, including all "costs", which he/she now has or may acquire, by reason of any personal injury, death, loss of or damage to property, or any reason, occurring during or arising out of his/her participation in the Sweepstakes and the acceptance and/or use or misuse of a prize. By accepting a prize, winner waives the right to 1) assert as a cost of winning the prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem said prize, and 2) claim any liability (including attorney's fees and costs) which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize (including any travel related thereto). A winner acknowledges that Sweepstakes Entities have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize. The right to receive a prize is non-assignable and non-transferable and no prize substitution, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion of prize) of comparable or greater value in case of unavailability of a prize or force majeure. A prize or prize notification that is returned as undeliverable will disqualify the winner and an alternative winner shall be selected in random drawings. All taxes are a winner's responsibility and a 2012 form #1099 will be issued to all prize winners for the value of the prize. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes.
- All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. These Official Rules are governed by the laws of the State of Tennessee, without regard to its choice of law provisions. If any provision of the Sweepstakes shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. If Sponsor is required by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, or by action of an administrative agency to cease offering the Sweepstakes in any jurisdiction, Sponsor reserves the right to (i) terminate the Sweepstakes in such jurisdiction in its entirety, and/or (ii) cancel and remove from participation in the Sweepstakes any and/or all entries from entrants residing in such jurisdiction, without penalty and without obligation to any Sweepstakes entrants. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Unless prohibited by law. acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to use the winners' names, voice and likeness and any and all identifying characteristics (excluding address and email address) for promotional, advertising and publicity purposes by American Queen Steamboat Company (including posting to the American Queen Steamboat Company website, www.americanqueensteamboatcompany.com, or www.facebook.com/greatamericansteamboatcompany); this permission includes, but is not limited to, the taking of photographs and/or videos by American Queen Steamboat Company’s photographer/videographer for publicity purposes, without further consent or compensation, and winner agrees to execute any and all documents requested by Sponsor to convey such rights to own all the results thereof. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to obligate Sponsor to make use of any of the rights granted herein and winner waives any right to inspect or approve any such use of any and every nature and kind.
- The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions in any marketing materials or these Official Rules.
- Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded and all issues and questions concerning the validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Shelby County, Tennessee. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes and never shall include consequential, incidental or punitive damages, and in no event attorneys' fees. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
- For a Winners List - available on or about March 30, 2012, send a self addressed, stamped, #10, business envelope to Winner - "River Cruise Giveaway" c/o Travel Marketing Resources, 30002 2nd Ave SW, Federal Way, WA 98023. Requests must be received March 30, 2012. No mechanically reproduced or photocopied requests allowed; only one (1) request per outer mailing envelope. You cannot enter the Sweepstakes using this address. Entries mailed to this address will be discarded.
- Sponsor: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by American Queen Steamboat Company, One Commerce Square, 40 South Main Street, 21st Floor Memphis, TN 38103 and is administered by Travel Marketing Resources, 30002 2nd Ave SW, Federal Way, WA 98023.