The 2013 season is well underway and the American Queen Steamboat Company continues to create lifelong memories one guest at a time.
Our continued commitment is to provide the best river journey experience ever. Just as our red paddlewheel needs two pitman arms to turn, our commitment to service is powered by its own two engines.
One engine is an industry leading training program. Whereas other companies do a quick 3 or 4 days of training, our comprehensive program encompasses nearly two weeks of hands-on and classroom-style training. All of our onboard team will learn everything from delivering our unique and genuine brand of hospitality to what it really means to work on the grand AMERICAN QUEEN. Training begins upon your arrival to the boat and continues during your first rotation as the boat moves up and down the river.
The other engine is our crew. We have already built a solid foundation with the exemplary crew and officers that brought the AMERICAN QUEEN to life in 2012. And, we are continually looking for quality individuals to join our team.
Working aboard the AMERICAN QUEEN is a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn and see America as Mark Twain saw it. Equally important, these are all good paying jobs with full benefits.
Because of the interest and application volume, we ask that all inquiries be done through this website.
We hope to welcome you to our American Queen Steamboat Company Team in the near future!
American Queen Steamboat Company is a Great Place to Work!
- We are in the Happiness business, for our customers and our crewmembers
- Positive Reinforcement management style
- Mentoring and internal advancement
- On-the-job training
- Desirable rotation schedules
- Uniforms provided
- Great resume building and career learning environment
- Great compensation program
- Full medical and dental programs with company paid subsidy for crewmembers/dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution
- Travel to and from the boat provided
- See Mark Twain’s American Heartland
We Create Lifelong Memories – One Guest at a Time!
- Mostly Americans 50+, well educated, well-traveled, enjoy great cuisine and live entertainment, hope to experience new things while seeing the Heartland of America and making new friends
- Expect and hope for: friendly, personal, courteous, kind and anticipatory service
- We always: smile, make eye contact, use guest’s names, say please and thank you, think ahead about their needs
- We know what our guests hope for in a vacation and try to anticipate their needs
- Our guests are NOT an interruption to our work – they are the REASON for it!
To learn more about career opportunities with the American Queen Steamboat Company, click the button below.